Crabdom
Welcome to Crabdom. Please log into your account to participate in discussions or create an account. If you have trouble logging into your account please see the information on the left hand side of your screen.

I forgot my password

GMT
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 43 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:46 am
Advertisement

Picked up ME2 today!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

. Picked up ME2 today!

Post by Denial048 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:21 am

I got it for nearly a quarter the original price, brand new! It came out in Aus at $108, but it dropped to $50, and today EB Games had a sale, so it was only $28!

SO anyway, looking forward to finally playing this, any tips?
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2187

Back to top Go down

. Re: Picked up ME2 today!

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

Have you played the first one?

Anyways....picking a class you will enjoy is somewhat important.

"After all she has put me through, put us through, I've had enough of her. I'm glad she finally got the point after all these years."
MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

User ID : 5
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

Yeah I played the first, never 100%'ed it though. I also originally played it on my older xbox, before it went through a house fire and died (with my account as offline Sad )

But now I have a couple saves on the new xbox, never hit level 60, but some good characters.

I played the demo a while ago, played an adept (i think, the ones that use a sentry turret) and enjoyed what I played, I don't like that now you actually have ammo.

About to sit down and read the manual, my fiancee is watching SoA at the moment
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

Ehh the bonuses for the achievements and being level 60 isn't a necessary thing to have.

If by sentry turret you mean combat drone then you would have been playing as an Engineer, which is a class I personally liked in ME2 and not ME1.

"After all she has put me through, put us through, I've had enough of her. I'm glad she finally got the point after all these years."
MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:31 am

Ah, that'd be the one. I haven't played the demo in a couple months XD.

I had heard that the Engineer was heaps better, thats why I tried it out
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:37 am

Well if you enjoyed it then possibly try that for a full game then. Everyone really has different playstyles so my opinion on classes doesn't really help much.

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

Yeah, I just thought, seeing as they have the new abilities, someone might give pointers there, or just a good tip for the start XD
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:51 am

Well I've beaten the game 100% many many times.....

what do you want tips on?

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Zachary on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

Well my opinion for character classes, in ME1 I was fond of the biotics, it was fun to use and actually quite powerful, but in ME2 I usually played as a Soldier because the adrenaline rush was perfect for me, except on insanity mode I wouldn't really recommend soldier lol.
Mr. Zachary
Bar Patron

User ID : 18
Respect : 2206

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 11:36 am

For Insanity I'd import a save if possible to get extra exp to start and play Sentinel. They're the most tankish, and have Warp and Overload, both nice.
Otherwise, I enjoyed infiltrator and Soldier the most, with Vanguard a close third.
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

User ID : 20
Respect : 2167

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 11:54 am

Warp and Overload I think are undisuputably the most important powers.

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

To start this reply, I just thought I would mention I have now put about two hours into my first play through - a non-imported engineer. It seems alright at the moment, on normal difficulty, I'm about to start the "Recruit the Professor" mission.

MonkeyBones23 wrote:Well I've beaten the game 100% many many times.....

what do you want tips on?

Seeing as armour, weapons, and scanning has all changed, any advice there would be good. I would use the Cerberus Network code to get the extra stuff, if Microsoft didn't suspend my account like d*cks. (They say I haven't payed for my gold membership, when the money has been in my account)

Mr. Zachary wrote:Well my opinion for character classes, in ME1 I was fond of the biotics, it was fun to use and actually quite powerful, but in ME2 I usually played as a Soldier because the adrenaline rush was perfect for me, except on insanity mode I wouldn't really recommend soldier lol.

I've never been big on biotics, I like the tech moves.

LordDeathkeeper wrote:For Insanity I'd import a save if possible to get extra exp to start and play Sentinel. They're the most tankish, and have Warp and Overload, both nice.
Otherwise, I enjoyed infiltrator and Soldier the most, with Vanguard a close third.

MonkeyBones23 wrote:Warp and Overload I think are undisuputably the most important powers.

I guess I'll have to practice my biotic use then!
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:23 am

They are the most important powers imo yes, but it doesn't mean you need to have them. Only one class has them both.

Well armor has no real value any more. All you can do with armor is customize the pattern, color, styles. I think some armor may give bonuses, but I think the bonuses are insignificant so I just pick the armor I think looks the best.

As for guns, there are only a few guns for each category. Every class gets at least a pistol. Every class except Soldier, for some reason, can use sub machine guns. Every class has access to heavy weapon guns.

Infiltrators can also use sniper rifles.
Vanguards can also use shotguns.
Soldiers can also use sniper rifles, shotguns, and assault rifles.

As for finding a gun that is good, you just have to experiement with them and see which ones you prefer.

There is also a point about mid-way through the game where you can have your character learn either assault rifle, shotgun, or sniper abilities.

Scanning.....well scanning is the worst part of the game. If you don't know what you're doing, and you won't until you get used to it, it's going to take a couple of hours total of your gametime if you want to get all the necessary upgrades. I only scan planets that are deemed "Rich" and only probe areas with large spikes of resources. You'll hopefully understand once you begin.

And DO NOT start scanning until you get the possible upgrade from Miranda somewhat early on in the game. I usually just do all my scanning as soon as possible. I've learned that you need about 200,000 of each resource to get all the upgrades. (You don't need Element Zero). Some people scan in spurts throughout missions but I just like to get it over with as soon as possible. It will bore you but really that's the worst part of the game.

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:00 am

Armor is really important on insanity; +10% shield recovery rate can really help, and when Sentinels get their monstrously large shields, the additions start to add up. And the Widow+10 headshot damage is awesome.
I'm just upset the stupid Dr Pepper giveaway refused to give me the Sentry Interface.
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:51 am

Okay, so I'll watch my armours bonuses a little, but not worry too hard about it.

Why shouldn't I scan straight away? I've already scanned all three planets in the starting system, which shouldn't be too bad
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:57 am

It's fine to scan right away, but Miranda gives you an upgrade that increases the speed of the scanning tool which makes scanning much easier.

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:11 am

Ah that's good. Whilst I quickly figured out to only probe the spikes, it took too long to find them lol
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:20 am

Well what I do is I start at the top of the planet. I hold the left trigger I think it is and spin the right stick. Once I see a large spike I stop and probe it. Then move my way down to the next level.

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Denial048 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:23 am

Ha ha, that's exactly what I started doing, but I wobble up and an a little bit too
Denial048
Bar Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyBones23 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:43 am

Which ever way works best for you

MonkeyBones23
Emperor

Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 3:21 am

Or you can just rapidly tap the trigger to go at normal speed and wait for a vibrate. It's not very exact, but it is faster than pre-upgrade.
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 4:28 am

I do it exactly how Monkey does, darn you for suggesting it first!
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top