Crabdom
Welcome to Crabdom. Please log into your account to participate in discussions or create an account. If you have trouble logging into your account please see the information on the left hand side of your screen.
Log in

I forgot my password

GMT
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 43 on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:46 am
Advertisement

Got any tips? Black

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

. Got any tips? Black

Post by Denial048 on Sun 02 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just obtained Black from an online source, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on playing?

The last version I played that was actually paid for was Pokemon Crystal, and since then I played the next generation emulated, and thats about it, so I've been out of the pokemon loop for quite a while. I started with Oshawott (I thought they all looked stupid so I made my fiancee decide lol)
avatar
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down


. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:43 am

Samurai Otter> self cooking bacon.
Although I don't like any of them, so I just imported a charmander.

LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord


Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:46 am

LordDeathkeeper wrote:Samurai Otter> self cooking bacon.
Although I don't like any of them, so I just imported a charmander.

He was just the one that seemed cool, plus Denial already had the water one so I didn't want to copy him. Snivy is just such a stupid word, and I couldn't deal with that. Besides, the pig is cute, the water one is stuck up.

LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord


Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:55 am

I didnt get that feeling at all. Snivy is supposed to look pompous, but -Wott just looks kinda dumb, only to turn almost cool as Dewott.

LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord


Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:57 am

LordDeathkeeper wrote:I didnt get that feeling at all. Snivy is supposed to look pompous, but -Wott just looks kinda dumb, only to turn almost cool as Dewott.

Still, Denial already had the water one and I wanted to punch Snivy in the face, so I took the pig. I like him, he's cute.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 7:00 am

I think he's cute, too. Too bad he looks absolutely ridiculous in his final form.
avatar
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

User ID : 20
Respect : 2292

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 7:02 am



I actually think he looks pretty cool.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by Denial048 on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:53 am

He looks fat to me as Emboar. But anyway, there was something I was gonna say here and its completely gone from my mind now....

So! La, do you train all your six pokemon, or just your starter as you play?

I personally just use my starter until its way over-powered, then do switch levelling until I get EXP. Share (which I now have two of)
avatar
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

Denial048 wrote:He looks fat to me as Emboar. But anyway, there was something I was gonna say here and its completely gone from my mind now....

So! La, do you train all your six pokemon, or just your starter as you play?

I personally just use my starter until its way over-powered, then do switch levelling until I get EXP. Share (which I now have two of)

I kind of balance it out, like in Fire Red, which I had been working on, I trained them all up until the were at the level my starter was when it evolved, then trained him until he evolved again, did the same, and then I worked up to Dragonite and was working on getting the rest up to 50 like him. I'll probably do about the same, get him to evolve and then train the others up to that point.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

Also, of course he looks fat, he's a pig, he still looks cool to me though.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by Denial048 on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:I kind of balance it out, like in Fire Red, which I had been working on, I trained them all up until the were at the level my starter was when it evolved, then trained him until he evolved again, did the same, and then I worked up to Dragonite and was working on getting the rest up to 50 like him. I'll probably do about the same, get him to evolve and then train the others up to that point.

I used to do something similar, but it wasn't to the evolve point, it was til the tenth level, so I would train my starter to level ten, then any other pokemon I had, then starter to twenty, then others, etc etc.
avatar
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

Denial048 wrote:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:I kind of balance it out, like in Fire Red, which I had been working on, I trained them all up until the were at the level my starter was when it evolved, then trained him until he evolved again, did the same, and then I worked up to Dragonite and was working on getting the rest up to 50 like him. I'll probably do about the same, get him to evolve and then train the others up to that point.

I used to do something similar, but it wasn't to the evolve point, it was til the tenth level, so I would train my starter to level ten, then any other pokemon I had, then starter to twenty, then others, etc etc.

I just do evolution level because it works more conveniently for me, and if they get close to evolving by the time I get them to the level with my starter but they haven't yet, I'll usually get them there too. I like it though because then if I get in trouble I at least have one that will be powerful enough to get me out of it, and the rest should fall in pretty quickly.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by Denial048 on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:I just do evolution level because it works more conveniently for me, and if they get close to evolving by the time I get them to the level with my starter but they haven't yet, I'll usually get them there too. I like it though because then if I get in trouble I at least have one that will be powerful enough to get me out of it, and the rest should fall in pretty quickly.

That's why I over-power my starter, he can usually get me out of anything, as long as they can beat the types that are super effective against them
avatar
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:43 pm


He'll never be as cool as Charizard...
avatar
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

User ID : 20
Respect : 2292

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

I have the shiny version so he looks like this, which is a rival for Charizard.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm


Shiny Char is black. I still say he wins.
avatar
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

User ID : 20
Respect : 2292

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

I'm sorry, I like the blue color scheme. Blue is my favorite color, and shiny Charizard is more gray than black...
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

I usually take blue, too, but if I haven't made it glaringly obvious, I kind of have a dragon preference, so...
avatar
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

User ID : 20
Respect : 2292

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

LordDeathkeeper wrote:I usually take blue, too, but if I haven't made it glaringly obvious, I kind of have a dragon preference, so...

I understand that, but isn't Charizard Fire/Flying, with no Dragon, even if he can learn some of their moves?
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LordDeathkeeper on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

Yes, but aesthetically, he's a dragon.
avatar
LordDeathkeeper
Bar Landlord

User ID : 20
Respect : 2292

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by LaLiLuLeLo on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

LordDeathkeeper wrote:Yes, but aesthetically, he's a dragon.

Okay, I was just wondering.
avatar
LaLiLuLeLo
Bar Landlord

User ID : 16
Respect : 2331

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by Denial048 on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 1:42 pm

Hey La, I'm using the cheat to make pokemon shiny when you mark them, but it isn't working, so can you tell me how you did it?
avatar
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by Denial048 on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

Never mind, I just realised it did work, just Samurott doesn't look much different when Shiny to me
avatar
Denial048
Bar Patron

User ID : 19
Respect : 2312

Back to top Go down

. Re: Got any tips? Black

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum